As mentioned above, I have a new SP2, and a Nexus 5 with Android 5.1 installed
I've downloaded the app and done the pairing steps.
I know that the SP2 and my N5 are seeing each other
- I can use other apps to play music on the SP2 (such as Rocket Player)
- If I start the app, it has the 6 buttons (rev/play-pause/fwd - mute - vol -+). If I then turn on the SP2, the other three buttons magically appear - Power/Source/UQ3
But the buttons have no effect on the SP2. And even weirder, turning the SP2 on stops the buttons from being able to control playing the N5
Here's the sequence:
- SP2 and phone both off
- turn on the N5
- Start the Soundfreaq app
- Start a song playing - plays fine. Use >>| to get to the next song, volume buttons to control the volume - all works fine.
- turn on the SP2
- the current song stops using the phone speaker, and starts on the SP2
- the extra buttons show up on the App
- None of the buttons on the app work anymore. Can't pause, play, skip, vol change - nothing. The music keeps playing thru the SP2
- Shut off the SP2 - music starts on the phone speaker again, the extra buttons disappear, and the remaining buttons work again.